Titus 2: September 22nd
- What do you know about the canonization of scripture? What factors allowed each of these books to be included in the New Testament?
- Since Timothy and Titus are written to different church locations (best we can determine), how might the similarities in the commands to the two help solidify the Bible’s validity? Name some similar teachings given to the two recipients. Have there been any other examples of times you have read the Bible and found verses or topics that helped you verify the Bible is true or living?
- Are there any unique commands from Paul to Titus that you don’t see in Timothy?
- How can the way we live make the gospel either appealing or unappealing to outsiders? From your lifestyle, what could a stranger discern about your beliefs?
- How can you be a more godly servant (in whatever capacity, paid or volunteer) this week?
- What attitudes and behaviors would be helpful for older men and women to exemplify today for the younger generations?
- Why is it important to live in continual expectation of the “appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior” (verse 13)? What personally motivates you to live for God? How does “our blessed hope” relate to our lives in the present?
- Why do Christian leaders need to present themselves with respect as vs. 7 indicates? In what ways can you express respect to them? October is Pastor appreciation month, how can you show your appreciation to those who serve in ministry positions in the communities that impact you?
- How does the grace of God train us to do the things listed in vs 12 -13? Which of your Christian leaders would be most likely to call you out on ungodliness or worldly passions? Who knows you well enough to help keep you accountable in your Christian walk? What do you think that accountability needs to involve?